Market Facing Director - Finance Consulting - Dublin
Market Facing Director – Finance Consulting - Dublin
As a Director within our Financial Services Finance team you will specialise in Retail Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance Finance and be offering valuable insight and advice to clients and making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will be making a valued contribution to the continued success of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the business.
We are looking to hire a Market Facing Director to accelerate the growth of our successful Finance Transformation practice to meet growing demand, across the Financial Services sector.
Demand from CFO’s to help transform their Process, Data and Technology capabilities is high, as the role of the CFO pivots, post crisis to become more of a strategic value creator for their respective organisations. Allied to that is a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years, marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. Many Finance functions are turning to Big 4 and other Tier 1 consultancies for support in this area.
Allied to that is a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years, marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. Many Finance functions are turning to Big 4 and other Tier 1 consultancies for support in this area.
Client Focus & Commercial Awareness; you will be managing a portfolio of clients and assignments and/or leading major assignments. You will be developing long-term trusted advisor relationships and managing key EY accounts. The role will entail identifying opportunities for and securing new business, leading proposals and bid teams and managing the development and delivery of high quality proposals in the Finance Data and Technology Transformation space.
Practice Growth; As Director you will be leading the growth of the Finance Transformation practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience and the development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers. You will be monitoring staff availability and chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff. Other responsibilities include providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners and developing individuals through coaching, mentoring and structured career paths.
Skills and Attributes for success:
Whilst we are looking for individuals that have broad demonstrable skills across all aspects of Finance, Risk and Treasury we are specifically looking for expertise in:
- Ability to sell and deliver in Finance Transformation space within the Financial Services Industry
- Finance Operating Models and Finance Technology Transformation, including Data and Technology Architecture, location and service model strategy
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Accounting and regulatory change
- Business Planning and Forecasting
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Cost reporting and management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Instil a cohesive team mentality
- Display excellent communication and presentation skills
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Banking & Capital Markets / Retail Banking, Insurance experience
- A background in Finance, Risk/Regulation or Treasury
- Significant demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within financial services, or
- leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or
- leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial
- Experience of delivering large scale change programmes has enabled you to develop your subject matter skills, technical skills, project management and consulting skills.
- Typical programmes will have included:
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including IFRS9, COREP, FINREP etc.
- Optimisation of financial resources – capital, liquidity, RWA, LBS etc.
- Financial modelling, budgeting, planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance, Risk and Treasury integration
- Finance, Risk and Treasury operating model design and implementation
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- Cost reporting
Ideally you will also have:
Experience with project/programme management methodologies and tools highly advantageous
Technical and programme management certification, where relevant
What we look for:
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Financial Services Finance Practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.