Who we are looking for
Candidate reporting to Senior Associate within the Anti-Money Laundering team within the business with additional responsibilities for MIS reporting, project work, change management within the First Line of Defense (FLOD) team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Associate Apprentice you will be:
- Responsible for assisting on the following core functions within the CAO team:
- Ensuring all funds have appropriate AML ratings, managing workload and priorities, appropriately escalating to AML Compliance and responding to enquiries.
- Responding to requests for information from the business, data management and MIS reporting.
- Supporting your manager on projects as the team requires it.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc tasks across the team, ie AML compliance, Archer Work.
- Design and implement operational efficiencies
- Establish good working relationships with key functional teams across the business and with outsourced service providers in Poland and India.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputation risk to GS and its customers
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Working experience in Fund Financial Reporting /accounting or finance field preferred.
- Good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and keep well-documented records
- Ability to learn quickly and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse financial and business data and assess the adequacy of status updates is essential.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.