Analyst, Tax Processing
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An exciting opportunity to join the International Tax Services (ITS) group. The role will focus on supporting Northern Trust’s high-profile and growing number of Enhanced Tax Service (ETS) and Tax Transparent Fund (TTF) clients. The provision of tax services to these clients comes with some unique challenges and processes which require an enhanced level of support and oversight.
The successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of NT’s ETS and TTF tax service offering (e.g. client/investor on-boarding, tax rate analysis, tax reclaim/documentation oversight, query management, periodic reviews).
The role will provide exposure to a wide variety of functions carried out by a global custodian. It will also involve a significant amount of direct interaction with clients and their associated relationship/account managers. Where appropriate, the candidate will also be expected to interact with local sub-custodians and tax authorities. Due to consistently evolving client needs and market developments the candidate will have the opportunity to undertake the required reviews/actions to meet these needs. Similarly there is significant scope for the candidate to identity and improve operational efficiencies and client servicing opportunities
Extensive training will be provided to develop the candidate’s skills and subject matter knowledge, allowing them to support all ETS and TTF tax functions
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Support the on-boarding of new ETS and TTF clients/investors from a tax perspective
- On-going support and oversight of ETS and TTF clients, ensuring correct tax treatment is being applied and in a timely manner
- Execute bespoke processes required to support ETS and TTF client needs
- Develop and maintain up to date procedures
- Production of periodic statistics and highlight any areas of risk
- Resolve queries from clients, colleagues and the local sub-custodian
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Bright, articulate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to navigate through obstacles and work under pressure
- Proactive, with the mind-set to challenge existing processes with suggestions of how processes can be improved
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise tasks according to their level of urgency and importance
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of dividends, asset servicing and withholding tax would be an advantage.
- Strong MS office skills, including the ability to extract, analyse and summarise large data sets
- This role will ideally suit a graduate or a candidate with some experience working in an operational role within a financial institution. An understanding of dividends, asset servicing and withholding tax would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be organised, proactive and articulate.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.