Middle Office, Associate 2
This role is within State Street IMS’ Trade Management department. The candidate will be responsible for researching and resolving complex operational issues while demonstrating problem ownership, teamwork, and the willingness to take on special assignments. The candidate will engage in all operational aspects concerning the front to back office trade flow. The role involves daily interaction with various internal teams, brokers, custodian banks, and clients with the overall goal of providing timely support and resolution of all trade related inquiries.
- Booking, confirmation, and settlement of all trade activities received from the investment manager.
- Ensures that all trades are booked within various middle/back office systems and communicated to custody / third parties.
- Provides timely support and resolution of trade transmission issues and inquiries.
- Offers suggestions for updating, correcting, and improving static data.
- Performs the necessary checks on all automated and manual trades.
- Follows standard operating procedures to ensure timeliness and accuracy of processing.
- Acts as a resource within the assigned business unit to resolve complex or non-routine processing related questions/issues.
- Researches complex issues, and proposes tactical and strategic solutions.
- Identifies and takes ownership of issues. Ensures problem resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties.
- Prepares and reviews various standardized reports.
- Interacts with internal and external parties to resolve various trade related issues.
- Performs ad-hoc tasks to support team supervisor and the overall business unit as needed.
- Responds to all inquiries timely and accurately.
- Provides recommendations for improving in processing or procedures.
- Assists team with creating, updating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with back up procedures; provides guidance when system applications and or trade transmission problems arise.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework or equivalent. B.S. in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products, as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VBA macros and Business Objects is a plus.
- Proven critical thinking, technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workloads under tight deadlines in a very fast-paced trading-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.