Team Supervisor, Customer Invoicing to Cash
Reporting to the Regional Customer-Invoicing-To-Cash (CI2C) Service Line Head, this role manages the CI2C team and drives the CI2C process and transformation management within the Sanofi Business Services (SBS) CAJPAC region.
This position is integral in the development and successful on-going implementation of the end-to-end Demand to Cash organization within Sanofi Business Services. This includes the strengthening of the business partnership to maximize the value and efficiency of the business & finance process in line with strategies provided by Global CI2C while acting as a critical gate keeper function to adhere to relevant company policies.
This CI2C Team Supervisor will also be the key contact person in SBS to connect the neighbouring stakeholders/business partners through the end-to-end Customer Invoicing to Cash process.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Achieves CI2C operation objectives by becoming a subject matter expert to independently executing the operation tasks determined in Core Model in the areas of credit management, accounts receivable, revenue analysis and reporting, collection management and other adhoc reporting amongst other things;
- Meets DSO/accounts receivable targets by collaborating with neighbouring partners (mainly but not limited to: Commercial Ops, Supply Chain, Treasury and Finance) to understand and contribute towards the execution of strategic plans.
- Facilitates and contributes informations to monthly local credit committee presentation deck by evaluating current DSO performance, analyzing trend of customer overdues, identifying issues that need to be escalated and relaying Commercial Ops and customers’ feedbacks.
- Manages risks in the dynamic environment that Sanofi has by anticipating and/or recognizing internal and external factors that may impact business performance and by proactively inititates and facilitates discussions on a timely manner, with neigbouring partners and/or customers to manage issues and/or new changes required and follow up thereafter to close all action points assigned.
- Contributes in meeting and improving the SLAs and KPIs agreed by working effectively across teams in SBS and neighbouring functions, assisting on urgent tasks and filling in gaps as and when needed in accounts receivable and credit management areas.
- Supports the update of local credit policy by coordinating transversally on inputs and recommending changes to incorporate necessary local practices on credit and collection strategies into local credit policy and still aligned with the overall groups’ credit control policies.
- Enhances Sanofi organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring new opportunities to add value to the business.
People management and development
- Recruit, retain and develop team member
- Set objectives and conduct regular performance reviews including career discussions
- Identify team members development needs to build competencies for next career step
- Build a positive and sustainable working environment within the team
- Partners with key stakeholders of various seniority levels within SBS and neighbouring functions to understand, support and deliver key business requirements laid out under Operational Excellence above.
- Proactively manages interaction with external customers whenever applicable, with regards to hardcopy invoices, remittances, collections and issues management.
- Supports the compliance and risk management processes by providing information and analysis needed to internal and external auditors.
- Collaborates with CI2C Global Process Owner department, ITS and etc to support rolling out of global tools and other simplification and/or value-added initiatives.
Compliance & Risk Management
- Maintains strong credit controls by initiating change management to put in place all internal controls process as per CI2C Core Model and ensuring compliance to SoX controls and local credit policies.
- Supports key SoX controls and GPS self-assessment, action plan set up and implementation if any; other IC&P initiatives and support audit activities where applicable, including external audit, internal audit and governmental inspections if any.
- Ensures legal/VAT compliance checks if relevant for the covered scope.
- Ensure documentation is stored and archived as per Records Management and local legal/tax requirements.
Key Job Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or Professional Accounting Qualification such as ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Capable of assessing, analysing and validating complex financial information
- Lean/Six Sigma exposure or equivalent desired
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of accounting and credit principles, systems and procedures, has experience in project management
- Ability to interact with leadership, key stakeholders, employees and clients in a professional manner
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in the Finance/Accounting sector
- 2 years of direct people management responsibilities
- Experience in supporting the Singapore market will be an advantage
- Exposure to multinational and/ or regional corporate business environments,
- Familiar with matrix organization
- Experience in a Finance shared services environment, familiar with customer-facing and service-oriented corporate position
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, mature, independent, hands on, ability to work independently, and follow projects through completion
- Working experience with SAP, specifically Fi/Co
- Proficient in the use of applications in the MS-Office suite, including MS-Excel