Accountant [ Based in Selangor]
My client are looking for proven, business minded accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of GL Accountant who key responsibility is to ensure the General Ledger and Reporting function is in compliance with all local statutory and reporting.
Are you a finance professional who is seeking for a rewarding career in a global MNC, with fun office work space and work life balance ? Come and join our client who is embarking on the next journey of transformation with opportunities for learning.
In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven, business minded accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of GL Accountant.
- Prepare monthly journals, month-end Actual closing on a timely basis according to Corporate required timeline
- Ensure the General Ledger and Reporting function is in compliance with all local statutory and reporting.
- Overseeing sub-ledger of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Inventory control account
- Responsible for Intercompany transactions, Fixed Asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, inventory reconciliation and Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Provide Management with timely, accurate and complete financial information and provide to the relevant authorities correct information supported by valid data.
- Perform detailed analysis on all significant balance sheet variances on a monthly basis as well as submit consolidated Balance Sheet for local region.
- Provide meaningful commentary to enable Management to take prompt action to capitalize opportunities or corrective measures to minimize the Company's balance sheet exposure.
- Prepare tax schedule, annual tax returns for review and submission by the Company tax representatives
- Ensure the year end reporting package is conforms to all legal taxation, and other government requirements and that adequate documentation is maintained in respect of compliance
- Liaise with Company Auditor to ensure the annual audit is completed, and Statutory Accounts prepared on a timely basis
- Ensure SOX compliant and internal control in place on respective areas per Company policies, procedures and accounting standard.
- Participations in the implementation of process improvement initiatives and other adhoc activities identified by Management
The ideal GL Accountant will be confident in leading a business financially. You will be responsible for the growth of the company and meet the following criteria
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or MBA and preferably a member of any professional accounting body ( ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA/MIA )
- At least 5 years of working experience in Finance & Accounting positions in a sizeable multinational corporations or listed companies
- Exposure to broad business issues and demonstrated analytical capability
- Willing to adapt to changes, with positive mind-set
- A confident personality with strong communication & stakeholder management skillset
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation
- Familiarity with ERP (SAP preferably) and Reporting (LongView, Hyperion) platforms
- With knowledge of local GAAP tax and audit experience is preferred.
* Excellent working culture
* Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact En Xin Yap on +603 2302 4065.