A growing organisation that is financially strong and is ahead of its competitors and has responded incredibly well to the global pandemic.
A global business with a clear strategy, strong leadership team and is excited about the future!
Reporting into the Head of Assurance you will:
Manage the group's risk management, insurance, compliance and data protection activities, collaborating with colleagues at all levels, to help achieve business objectives and provide the required group reporting in a listed environment.
The Assurance Manager will lead effective compliance programs, be a trusted commercial partner and an ambassador for doing the right thing.
· Own policies, procedures and programmes e.g. updating, communicating and training.
· Monitor compliance, governance and external environment to ensure the Group is prepared for change.
· Establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships and engagement.
· Support new business opportunities e.g. new routes to market and tenders.
Risk & Insurance
· Develop and maintain the risk management framework.
· Anticipate and effectively manage business risk relating to the Group's strategy and objectives and align appropriately with the Group's activities.
· Work with the business units and support functions to maintain the live risk profile and register, reflecting changes resulting from business initiatives and changes to the external environment.
· Manage the Group's insurance programme.
· Develop the Group's Information Security policy.
· Drive, develop, own and manage the GDPR compliance programme.
· Support / lead team response to incident management, regulatory investigations, internal issues.
· Support development of business continuity policies and procedures.
· Develop an effective approach to the management of key risk areas e.g. Modern Slavery, Anti Bribery & Corruption ABC), Anti Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Trust.
Skills and experience
- Strong track record in a risk management, internal audit or compliance role.
- First class technical knowledge
- Able to balance and prioritise business requirements
- Leading GDPR, antitrust, ABC, AML, and Modern Slavery compliance programs.
- Risk identification and assessment processes and techniques.
- Reporting and recommending practical solutions to risk issues.
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly identify and present key issues concisely.
- Delivery at pace, alone and as part of a team, and managing mix of stakeholders.
- Experience working across a large, complex organisation - interacting with all functional areas.
- Commitment to developing and embedding best practice, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Experience of complex multi-site B2B service environment such as construction or distribution preferable.
- Experience of listed company reporting environment preferable.
Further education / professional qualification preferable
Excellent package and clear progression on offer.