Specialising within Pension Accounting for an Organisation
Well established, with a specialist pensions department.
Working as the Pension Accountant, key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Complete the preparation of the annual pension scheme report and financial statements for a portfolio of clients
- Liaising and building relationships with the auditors and Trustees to ensure that the Reports are completed in line with client requirements and the statutory deadlines
- Complete year end investment manager reconciliations
- Complete Nominal Ledger reconciliations as required
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and expertise, and sharing best practice with colleagues within the team
- Oversee the daily treasury function for several scheme bank accounts ensuring that they are up-to-date on a daily basis
- Review the production of the monthly bank reconciliations
The successful Pension Accountant will have experience of the above responsibilities. Experience of working within the specialised area of pension scheme accounting is preferable.