Finance Business Partner
You will be responsible for completing monthly management accounts, forecasting and budgeting whilst finance business partner to the Developer Services & Operations departments
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
* Month end accounting for water company Developer Services & Operations departments, including accruals, prepayments, general book keeping and variance analysis.
* Business partnering to Developer Services & Operations business units including gaining an indepth understanding of the operational business to ensure that the business is making value for money commercial decisions.
* Generating monthly reporting packs for the operational business, to ensure that operational heads of departments and cost centre managers are in control of their expenditure. Developing finance reporting that links into the non financial key performance indicators and performance commitments of the operational department.
* Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5 year high level forecasts, regular review and tracking against forecast.
* Working closely with the Finance Business Partner - Capex on monthly accounting of Developer Services accounts.
* Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal sign off
* Implementation of business controls and procedures.
* Development of month end timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
* Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams to provide financial support for operational and commercial decision making.
* Understanding the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to non finance members. Providing finance for non-finance training across the business units.
* Challenging current ways of working, driving efficiencies and best practise wherever possible.
* Being a key member of the delivery of the external audit at half year and year end.
* Adhoc tasks as required.
- Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant
- Extensive experience with Management Accounts and Business Partnering
- Strong Numerical and Analytical Skills
- Be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) with all levels of colleagues within the business
- An excellent business partner with other departments to effectively deliver monthly processes
- You must have a keen eye for detail whilst working in a time-pressured environment
- Enjoy challenges to current processes and ways to streamline them
- It would be highly advantageous if you had experience in accounting for large scale capital investment and experienced use of Navision.
£45,000 - £50,000
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days' holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage