AVP_Operational Risk Contr. #160841
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The CFO Operational Risk and Control (ORC) – Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance (RRQA) team acts as the 2nd Line of Defense to ensure an effective control environment over the Regulatory Reporting production and filing process across Credit Suisse departments. The team is also responsible for continually working on the overall Program Enhancement as well as carrying out planned Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) across departments as a part of effective Regulatory Reporting Framework Program management. RRF is one of the key control programs of the bank covering over 3000 reports and playing a pivotal role in the overall regulatory reporting control environment having direct impact on both internal and external business partners of the Bank. RRQA function is responsible for periodically monitoring and testing the controls surrounding the preparation and filing of regulatory reports in accordance with the risk assessment framework to ensure completeness and accuracy. The team operates independent of the day-to-day regulatory report preparation process.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Assist in preparing Global RRF STC packs on a monthly basis and also provide inputs to the Regional RRF STC forums to ensure adherence to required Governance levels
- Seek to actively participate and drive the project work to be carried out on the enhancement of the framework that includes aspects related to Overall Governance, Key Controls Documentation, Thematic reviews, Data Governance, Policy enhancement, Risk Appetite etc
- Coordinate with Multiple senior business partners globally including CRO, CCO, APAC BPS/PB, LEF, GF (BMR/LMR/FMAR teams) in assisting and driving the framework enhancements
- Perform a read across with other policies and Global control programs to ensure standardized and robust Enhancements
- Assist in building dashboards, enhance and expand the Monitoring metrics suited for various types of business partners including data providers. Further coordinate with third party contractors to establish the requirement as well as ensure appropriate execution
- Execute the RRQA plan by scheduling and performing QAR activities which includes process walkthrough meetings with Reporting team and Data Providers, gaining understanding of the controls over reporting process and assessing the adequacy of the same, performing sample/ transaction testing, compliance against regulatory requirements on test check, etc
- Review applicable report procedures, work papers, processes and controls detailing and reporting any identified issues/gaps as part of QARs
- Analyze and document testing results and tabulate the recommendations/ QAR report. Conduct subsequent follow ups on those issues/recommendations that where formally raised as a result of the QAR
- Participate in the Regional RRF STC meetings and work around actions therefrom
- Review issues reported by the reporting team and identify root cause, analyze robustness of remediation plan and prepare summary for monthly reporting
- Provide regional support in the regulatory framework by addressing exceptions within reporting inventory tool, follow ups for periodic signs of various forms within the inventory tool, annual attestation, etc
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Chartered Accountant with 7+ years of experience in Internal/External Audit function with preferred experience in Big4
- Exposure to Financial services industry
- Outstanding analytical problem solving and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Outstanding attention to details as well as the ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Excellent collaborator
- Time management – organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.