Portfolio Finance Advisor - Supervising Associate
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY is carrying out a global business transformation which includes a global SAP implementation. This significant change to our business creates new possibilities for external candidates.
We are looking for a Portfolio Finance Advisor with strong financial experience, who will play a key role to advise and support our internal client serving partners to make best use of SAP and its processes in order to effectively manage their portfolios of EY external client projects. The main component of this role is to proactively provide strategic financial advisory support to engagement partners by reaching out through a variety of technological conduits (online chat, phone line, etc.) after using analytics to identify the partner book of business requiring intervention. If you’re flexible and enjoy a continually evolving business environment there’s no better role to further develop your skills!
Your key responsibilities
As a Supervising Associate your key responsibilities will include the following:
- In the course of providing this support, your objectives are to:
- Ensure engagement teams are properly prepared for client negotiations from a financial perspective
- Explain downstream impacts of different user choices required in SAP
- Provide instruction and guidance on the preparation of external client project completion estimate processes and corresponding financial impacts
- You will advise client servers on the best financial outcome, leveraging strong soft skill abilities and global mindset to adapt personal style where needed
- You will be expected to use strong analytical skills to determine individuals/teams in need of proactive outreach to improve financial performance. In addition, you will build strong relationships with regional service line finance teams to understand how to best approach your stakeholders
- You will leverage system and finance expertise to prepare for these discussions: making judgments regarding the topics to be addressed and their prioritization - understanding when to reach out to other functional experts in order to prepare for the interaction.
- You may also be required to help facilitate training for account and engagement teams on SAP and effective financial management practices.
Skills and attributes for success
- You are fluent and effective English speaker (C2 level)
- You should have minimum 5 years of experience working in a corporate organization preferably in finance/business/customer service area
- You have excellent listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- You have exceptional customer service skills, including responsiveness and commitment to quality is one of your strong side
- Ability to prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and partnering skills with people of all levels of the firm
- You have strong knowledge of financial metrics and dependencies including ability to calculate variances quickly and accurately
What we look for
We’re interested in hiring a professional in customer service area (at least 5 years of experience), who is experienced in financial economics. You should be able to work independently with limited supervision and demonstrate self-drive and also prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines. As an ideal candidate you should have a strong desire to help and support people requiring assistance and you have to be a fantastic team player.
What this role offers
This role offers a great possibility to develop within financial economics and gives you the opportunity to work in a professional, dynamic and a truly global team. If you have confidence with professional client service and you are keen to develop further in financial area, the position is just perfect for you, so don’t hesitate and apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.