Financial Risk (Financial Services) Consultant/Senior Consultant, Business Consulting
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated consulting, assurance, tax and strategy & transaction services.
Join the Financial Services Risk Management practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sounds interesting? Well, this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Advise clients on financial risk issues in the financial services industry, focusing notably on quantitative analysis. Deliver services in market risk, interest rate risk, counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk, model risk management and governance including model development/ validation and implementation, model/system documentation, model benchmarking and system implementation while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Review and enhance Client’s Risk Management Framework. Assist Clients on Group Risk Management and support the Board Risk Management Committee in reviewing the risk management across the group.
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge on Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk as well as Treasury.
- Advise clients on end-to-end credit processes
- Design and apply quantitative techniques to help institutions develop and validate financial risk modeling methodologies. Formulate/ implement Enterprise Risk Management initiatives including risk quantification and portfolio risk management
- Perform the practical application of advanced analytics techniques to help clients solve business problems and complex issues in the financial services industry.
- Apply statistical, economic, financial, or mathematical theories to process input data into quantitative estimates, which are used for identifying and measuring risks, valuing exposures, instruments or positions, conducting stress testing, assessing adequacy of capital, measuring compliance with internal limits, or meeting financial or regulatory reporting requirements.
- Validate and monitor model and scorecard performance and management information system.
- Communicate and interpret technical concepts to both technical and non-technical client stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver quality client services by leading teams, monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2 to 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in financial risk management (credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk) and quantitative analysis.
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance or MBA degree in Finance or a related field.
- CFA and FRM certification will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of design and deployment of logical and physical structures in Banking risk & regulatory area (finance & treasury).
- Detailed understanding of the overall financial risk management lifecycle and the policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk.
- Designing and developing quantitative methods and services for capital markets and derivative products.
- Significant relevant consulting, risk management or business expertise within a Retail/ Commercial or Corporate bank.
- Understanding or experience in following programming languages or tools will be an added advantage: R, MATLAB, Python, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning etc.
- Experience in following activities:
- Front Office (FO) pricing models, Market and Counterparty Credit Risk models, liquidity/ interest rate risk models, treasury function models, operational risk models or RWA computation as per Basel III/ IV.
- Statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus.
- Functional knowledge related to some of the following: modeling knowledge of term structure, financial risks and derivative products (e.g., equity, FX, commodities, credit and interest rates), risk management, model development, model validation, advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning techniques).
- Functional experience in market risk modeling and associated methodologies and their role in the overall risk management framework.
- Experience in the benchmark rate submission process will be an added advantage
- Develop Probability of Default and Loss Given Default risk rating models for commercial & corporate borrowers.
- Develop time series Stress Test models to support capital planning initiatives
- Support performance monitoring and model validation.
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, evaluating and interpreting data with a risk management focus with an understanding of business strategy.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Credit Risk databases to provide data and analytical support to Senior Management.
- Perform data manipulation and analysis using SQL, SAS and other tools and present results and recommendations to Credit Risk Management.
- Identify deviations from forecast/expectations and explain variances. Identify risk and/or opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to leverage statistical solutions to solve business problems.
- Present results to Senior and Executive Management.
- Understand and adhere to the clients’ risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the clients’ risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy & transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.