Debt Collection Analyst
This role is responsible for performing debt collection activities for Shell operating units under Credit Operations East as well as to provide support to the Team Manager in being the main focal for queries relating to Account Receivables in HK / China.
- Organizing and coordinating workload and acting as the point of reference for operational issues. This role is to assist in the coordination and control of the activities delivered by the team achieving excellence in performance.
- Supports the Team Manager by providing insights and identified gaps based on day to day activity to ensure UAE Credit Collection Strategy remain relevant
- Responsible in providing commentaries for KPIs that are managed by COC on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms and in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual, OCM standards & relevant controls.
- Adhere to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities.
- Responsible for managing release of credit blocked orders with appropriate MOA approvals where necessary
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with Sales, the business and with relevant FO business partners.
- Handle customer queries and provide professional credit responses.
- Coordinate with Sales and perform business account reviews on assigned portfolios
- Monitor Accounts Receivables, Investigate & Resolve Customer Complaint.
- Investigate payment discrepancy reason if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Work closely with Credit Assessment team to ensure securities are monitored and reviewed accordingly
- Controls are operated effectively and on timely manner with proper understanding
- Suggest improvements and identify gaps within the ACDC scope
- Working virtually with colleagues in the business, DS Credit, CO, etc.
- Assist and escalate issues to team manager on timely manner
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent and /or a Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA)
- Added advantage if candidate has knowledge of SAP or any ERP system
- Min 2 years of experience in Finance or accounting environment, with experience in accounting processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, persuasive and firm in discussions (internal and external discussions)
- Language: Mandarin & Cantonese in order to effectively communicate with counterparts in China/ HK.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.