Fund Accounting Officer
For our office in Cork, we are currently looking for a FUND ACCOUNTING OFFICER within our Private Equity Funds team. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- Taking an active part in the initial setup of any new funds take-on and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set up process;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administrational tasks as required by your managers or clients.
- You are degree level educated in a relevant area such Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- You may have some existing relevant experience in the fields of fund administration, audit or fiduciary services;
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, and accounting;
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, experience of closed ended funds in the real estate private equity or debt space will be considered as an asset;
- You have necessary understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities
- You are fluent in English;
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).