Group Reporting Accountant - SES Water, Redhill
You will develop first class internal and external financial reporting for the Group, in line with changes to financial reporting frameworks to meet stakeholders needs. You will produce timely and accurate interim and annual consolidated financial statements, taking the lead on statutory audits, along with monthly management accounting, quarterly forecasting and the annual budget.
"SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It's an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities"
- Consolidation of monthly group accounts and submission to shareholders within agreed time limits
- Preparation and production of the annual and interim financial statements for external publication.
- Production of group monthly and statutory income statement, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Implementation of business controls including financial reconciliations and sign off, journal approval and delegation of authority, and documentation of procedures across the finance team to support the overall control environment
- Quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 3-year high level forecasts and input into longer term financial forecasting models to help strategic decision making.
- Ownership of process and deadlines, and consolidation and reporting of quarterly in year Forecasting, Annual budgeting and forward looking 5 year high level forecasts, based on input from the finance business partnering team.
- Consideration of longer-term financing and cash flow requirements, through detailed cashflow forecasting.
- Development and running group month end timetable, procedures, improvement of key financial reporting and system development.
- Review of risk, implementation and monitoring of key financial policies and controls across the group to provide best practise reporting across the statutory environment.
- Accounting qualification - ACA or ACCA, fully qualified - a strong technical background with experience of external financial reporting under IFRS including consolidated accounts
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, maintaining and building relationships with a variety of key stakeholders
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to liaise with other teams to ensure efficient monthly processes.
- Coach and mentor to more junior members of the team.
- Group Accountant reports into this role
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Can work in a time-pressured environment.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Navision would be advantageous
£55,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and benefits