The payroll coordinator will be expected to support the Payroll & Pensions Project Leader by partnering with business to deliver an effective and professional payroll function. They will be part of a team, responsible for coordinating all aspects of the end to end payroll process.
My client is a leader in the engineering field with headquarters based in Hatfield, but also have a presence across the whole of the UK as the largest provider in their industry. They are looking for a personable and proactive payroll coordinator to come in and hit the ground running, ideally with experience of ADP Freedom (not essential), with the ability to think outside of the box and use their initiative to solve problems.
- Provide first line support for pay queries
- Process payroll changes manually and through the live system (ADP)
- Prepare monthly data entry spreadsheets (i.e. overtime, expenses)
- Prepare monthly controls reconciliation
- Support the analysis and reporting for key variable staff costs (i.e. overtime, expenses)
- Provide system upgrade support, such as system testing and updating process manuals
- Completion of regular payroll specific administrative duties (i.e. copy payslips, database updates, ONS information)
- Provide administrative support to pension plan administrators (i.e. starters, leavers, update address database for pension scheme members)
- Identify areas for continuous improvement within all aspects of payroll and pensions
- Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office Data analysis and reporting
- Ability to provide administrative support
- Strong attention to detail
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to find solution to day to day problems
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working in a payroll and pensions function (desirable)
- Handling confidential data (desirable)
- ADP system experience (desirable)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
The successful Payroll Coordinator will receive excellent benefits and a competitive remuneration with the promise of growth and development in a large team. They will be part of a friendly and supportive team environment and have prospects of progression long term with this large organisation.