Associate / Assistant Manager, Marketplace and Strategic Insights, Singapore
Get to know the team:
The Singapore Operations team oversees, shapes and grows the business in Grab Singapore. We contribute towards Grab’s vision of being Southeast Asia’s superapp by providing everyday services that matter most to consumers in Singapore. We develop and execute business strategies that help us achieve our vision in serving our community.
The Singapore Insights and Marketplace team is housed within Singapore Operations. We focus on delivering insights to inform business strategy, as well as optimizing the 3-sided marketplace made up of driver/delivery partners, passengers/ eaters, and merchants across the various business verticals in Singapore - including Transport, Food, Express and Mart. Our work contributes to timely and affordable rides for customers, enhances the incomes of our driver partners and merchants, while supporting business growth and profitability.
Get to know the Role:
- Plan and structure research and experiments on demand, supply, pricing levers to optimize for business objectives (e.g. A/B testing, on-the-ground engagement with driver-partners, focus group studies)
- Deliver valuable business insights and recommendations to senior management to act upon (e.g. promo & incentive spend optimization, pricing optimization, churn analysis, customer segmentation, merchant profitability, etc) with the use of various data visualization tools
- Make use of rich datasets and statistical tools to support senior management in performing analyses that help with data driven decision making (e.g. clustering, forecasting)
- Work with cross functional teams and senior management across multiple business lines, including GrabFood, GrabCar, Grab Express, Grab Rewards etc, to deliver high-impact initiatives arising from insights generated
- Minimal travel required (&<5%)
The must haves:
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics
- Minimum 2 to 3-years of relevant working experience (for example, in management/strategic consulting, eCommerce and/or start-ups)
- Strong business sense - ability to articulate complex analyses results to a wide range of audiences and translate these to actionable business insights
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to dive into problems and understand root-causes
- Working understanding of SQL and Python/R
- Attention to detail
- Start-up attitude – willing to learn and work hard to get things done in a dynamic, ultra-fast-paced, VUCA environment
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing app in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and logistics across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and charities, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress. Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling (GrabHitch), last mile delivery (GrabExpress), food delivery (GrabFood) and a B2B service for corporate clients (Grab For Work). We are focused on pioneering new commuting alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar; however, we have R&D offices in Seattle, Beijing & Bangalore as well. If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.