Future Opportunity: Global Compliance & Reporting consultant
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world. The diversity of services, projects, and backgrounds results in a dynamic, multicultural, and inclusive work environment. If you feel that it sounds like the right place to be – get to know us.
EY GDS’s Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated Center of Excellence (CoE) focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders.
The GCR team comprises over 225 dynamic individuals spread across 13 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist skill sets spanning the areas of:
- Statutory Reporting ü Direct tax ü Service Management
- Finance Operations ü Indirect tax ü Fund Tax Management
Our tax department is growing and we may very soon have open positions in Finance Operations team dedicated for specialists from senior to manager levels.
Your key responsibilities
- perform EY multi-country client accounting and finance processes end – to – end, including service delivery,
- Coordinate and review the activities that are performed in the Centers of Excellence and EY local offices,
- Actively engage with clients to determine and oversee the accounting and finance processes, use of technology, performance management and continuous improvement opportunities,
- Work with the client, third-parties and EY network to implement finance operations solutions,
- Actively participate in applying, developing and implementing technology in the service delivery,
- Coach, develop and grow the team of junior accountants.
Skills and attributes for success
- end to end knowledge of tax and accounting processes and accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP knowledge is an asset),
- fluent English; knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset,
- very good knowledge of Excel; VBA is an asset,
- knowledge of ERP systems,
- higher education; master degree in finance/accountancy; Chartered accountant certification (eg. ACCA, CIMA, KIBR) is an asset.
To qualify for the role you must have
- at least 4 - 10 years of experience in accounting,
- shared service General Ledger (GL) experience is an asset.
Ideally you’ll also have
- very good work organization, initiative and commitment,
- ability to work in a global international team and ease in building contacts and networking,
- ability to provide timely and comprehensive answers to clients’ queries,
What working at EY offers
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.