Overall job purpose
To provide on-site assistance of each assurance assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To be a key part of assurance teams undertaking assignments, including opportunities to lead the on-site element of the work
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- To ensure assurance quality at all times, contribute to internal and external quality assurance, ensuring all actions are completed in line with the firm’s and the profession’s standards
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision, and “on the job” training for less experienced members of staff
- To act as day to day point of contact for the client, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients
- To review work completed by less experienced staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal reviews
- To summarise actual time spent compared to budget on each assignment, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional CPD requirements
- To maintain training records conscientiously and to keep up to date with examination studies, as applicable
- To attend staff meetings and training and to assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required
- To maintain an awareness of Health & Safety issues within the firm and report any concerns to the nominated Health & Safety representative
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as required by the Line Manager or Head of Department
The role requires:
- Candidates must be ACA, ACCA or AAT part-qualified with preferred first time passes in all examinations
- To enable us to provide study support, candidates will need to have strong academics - 5 GCSEs at C or above including B in Maths & English Language, 112 UCAS points from top 3 A levels (or equivalent). Graduates will need at least a 2:1 degree. All grades must be achieved at first attempt.
- Minimum 12 months consistent exposure to assurance assignments with a reputable firm
- At least 75% of previous experience to have been on assurance assignments
- Full driving licence and access to motor vehicle
- Assurance experience of at least one the following types of clients would be advantageous:
- Owner Managed Business clients
- Charities & other Not for Profit clients
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.