Assurance - Associate
Job Description &
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Develop a basic understanding of a client's business relevant to the audit of financial statements;
- Obtain and analyse relevant data from clients for completion of assigned tasks ;
- Identify, evaluate and validate controls in moderate to high risk sections of an audit ;
- Participate in constructive team discussions and provide feedback ;
- Accept personal responsibility for areas assigned and willing to work overtime as necessary to meet deadlines;
- Review financial statements prepared by a client for completeness of financial disclosures ;
- Keep abreast of current industry / client developments.
- Ability to identify, build and sustain internal and external relationships;
- Assumes personal responsibility for own learning and is willing to develop an opinion and come to a conclusion on semi complex matters independently;
- Contributes to establishing a positive work environment by building and sustaining team relationships ;
- Selects and uses communication methods appropriately and effectively ;
- Approaches team and client interactions in a professional and organised manner ;
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritise time and communicate potential conflicts ;
- Responds to problems as they arise by following instructions, asking questions and making appropriate decisions.
- ACCA qualified or completion of foundational level ACCA papers
- Proficient knowledge of and experience with MS Office tools and applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Relevant work experience considered an asset.
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
Government Clearance Required? No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.