Client Service Manager, Fund Accounting
Client Service Manager – Global Fund Services (GFS), Fund Accounting
Northern Trust Global Fund Services provides a comprehensive range of middle and-back office services for a wide spectrum of investment managers and asset classes. As part of this business, the Fund Administration group provides a full suite of fund administration and related services including fund consulting, fund accounting, partnership accounting, transfer agency, management company, trustee and fiduciary services, regulatory and financial reporting and much more.
The candidate will be responsible for service and delivery to multiple clients within Fund Accounting by serving as the primary day-to-day client contact within the Fund Administration organization. The candidate will be responsible for facilitating efforts of their team and other internal stakeholders, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery of reports / information and issue-resolution and effectively communicating client concerns / needs to partners at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for service and delivery to multiple clients within Fund Administration by serving as primary day-to-day contact between client personnel and the Fund Administration organization.
- Ensures and maintains client service levels to dedicated client(s) by ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reports / information, attends operational meetings both internally and externally with key client(s).
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- Manages large and / or complex projects such as strategic change management, new business / product initiatives, and process re-engineering.
- Cultivates and maintains working relationship with Relationship Managers, Client Service Delivery Managers and other Client Service Managers to ensure client servicing needs are met.
- Acts as the key client contact within area of expertise and follows up on day-to-day client queries and issue resolution.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing service issues as and when they arise.
- Provides technical expertise for new or complex products / services and oversees the implementation of new processes to support these products / services on an ongoing basis to ensure that client needs are met.
- Provides management reporting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and monitors service performance under SLA/SLD requirements.
- Assists client(s) and partners with complex problem resolution.
- Assists with risk management and compliance programs and activities for their assigned group.
- Strategic and consultative approach in developing, implementing and administering programs within Fund Administration.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of financial industry operations, including fiduciary services and use of trust systems is required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills is required.
- Ability to operate independently while functioning as part of a larger group and escalating issues and concerns when appropriate.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize ongoing projects and initiatives against day-to-day inquiries and issues.
- A College or University degree and 5+ years of experience in Fund Accounting/Fund Administration roles.
- Previous experience in financial industry operations, particularly fund administration, accounting, or investment operations.
- Client service experience, particularly in a service provider or operational environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients and internal/external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.