AppleCare Operations Finance Analyst (12 month contract)
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people capture to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job... just be prepared to dream big! We have been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers with critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Every single day you will connect with and be supported by your colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world.
You'll have responsibility for driving our continued success, and being a key player within our organisation. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones. You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including the European Sales Fulfilment, AppleCare after-sales services, European Logistics, Manufacturing & Operations, Apple Media Products, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions function.
This role is in the AppleCare Operations Finance team, reporting directly to the AppleCare Finance Manager. Each Analyst as part of the AppleCare Operations finance team is primarily responsible for the management of costs/revenues within a specified business area. It interfaces directly with the key Operations Support groups, which includes Tech Support, AppleCare Sales, Warranty, Planning and Logistics.
There are 4 qualified accountants working in the team. Each team member actively engages with and supports key business partners within the local business teams to provide analytical & decision-making support, as well as being responsible for quarter end close & forecasting activities within their function.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach
- Strong technical skills with an ability to deal with large volumes of data &
- summarise key aspects.
- Should be able to deliver in a fast-paced work environment & to strive for excellence
- Positive energy & attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement & change
- Ability to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovate
- Candor and resilience that allows them to succeed in a challenging environment
- You will be self-motivated, curious & flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
- AppleCare P&L and Balance Sheet Management including the quarterly forecasting cycle Provision of KPIs & Management metrics to help the business understand key cost drivers;
- Actively work with the business to find opportunities for cost reduction and revenue generating opportunities & manage these through to collection of savings;
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with Senior AppleCare site personnel Partner locally with the other members of the EMEIA AppleCare Finance and Operations Finance teams to develop an understanding of the overall business & provide key inputs to Operations Business reviews;
- Partner cross-regionally with peers and seniors finance managers in AMR/APAC/ALAC regions to develop and implement WW initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc support to the EMEIA Operations Finance management team;
- Deliver outstanding support to Business Partners and AppleCare Directors for the EMEIA region, continually seeking new areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience
- Qualified accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.