FP&A & Inventory Finance Analyst - 12 month contract
Apple is a place where extraordinary people come together to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job! We have been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers with critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with, and be supported by your colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including the European Sales Fulfilment, AppleCare after-sales services, European Logistics, Manufacturing & Operations, Apple Media Products, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach.
- Strong technical skills with an ability to deal with large volumes of data & summarise key aspects.
- Deliver in a fast-paced work environment & strive for perfection.
- Positive energy & demeanour with a desire to drive constant improvement & change.
- Ability to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovate.
- Candor and resilience that allows them to succeed in a challenging environment.
- You will be self-motivated, curious & flexible, a self-starter who works well both individually and in teams.
- This role is in the Operations Finance team & reports to the FP&A Finance Manager. There are 2 qualified accountants working in the team. Each team member actively engages with the local business teams to provide analytical & decision-making support, as well as managing quarter end close & forecasting activities within their function.
- You will support the Finished Good Operations team and own Inventory & Reverse Supply Chain management, interacting directly with the key local Operations Support groups, (including Supply/Demand Planning, Product Operations & Supply Chain). You'll also engage with key worldwide teams across Operations Finance, Business Operations and worldwide Supply/Demand Planning.
- Co-ordination of inventory activity - monthly inventory forecast, inventory close reporting, working across various teams to understand key business spend drivers and related forecast deltas, provision of reporting to WW Ops Finance.
- Work on system and process improvements that drive focused business reporting, spend control and enhance overall team efficiency
- Produce monthly/quarterly targets and manufacturing metrics to help the business understand key cost drivers.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews with Product and Refurb Operations.
- Actively work with your local and WW business partners to see opportunities for cost reduction and revenue generating opportunities, & supervise these through to collection of savings
- Partner locally with EMEIA management team and the other members of the EMEIA Operations Finance teams to develop an understanding of the overall business & provide key inputs to Operations Business reviews. Continually seek new areas of responsibility.
- Partner cross-regionally with peers and partners in AMR/APAC regions to develop and implement WW initiatives
Education & Experience
- Qualified accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.