Operations Client Service, Fund Services, Assistant Vice President
***English to follow***
Who we are looking for
Client Service Operations is accountable for the managing of client relationship and oversight of day-to-day operations, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction. This person will act as an escalation point on client inquiries and requests. This includes the coordination of services for fund/product start-up/conversions, restructures and interacting with all internal departments for the overall service delivery for their clients. Responsible for managing internal operational risk and compliance matters pertaining to assigned client relationships, as well as coordinating with internal departments for any required client specific reporting. Provide project leadership for training, designing client-specific reporting and supporting RFP activity. Manage through two levels of subordinate management.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Assistant Vice President Client Management & Operations, (the “AVP”), you will:
- Manage teams of Client Service officers and/or Senior Associates, overseeing/directing activity and providing experienced guidance
- Ensure client issues are satisfactorily resolved by responding and escalating as appropriate.
- Work closely with internal teams and clients. Facilitate communication between Client Management & Operation & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business/cross sell opportunities.
- Prepare internal risk and compliance profiles, responds to inquiries from client auditors and periodically reviews client invoices for accuracy.
- Review and analyses client Profit and Loss data for reasonability and investigates identified issues
- Provide overall project management for client and systems initiatives. Act as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation. Manages internal and client expectations. Obtains required documentation, as appropriate. Designs customized client reports and provide client training.
- Coordinate activity for rendering timely reporting to clients.
- Ensure superior client satisfaction by proactively identifying client needs, and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Responsible for the day to day management and successful relationships of assigned accounts or for performing assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Manage daily service delivery to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage and escalate issues related to Shared Services, Joint Venture and Centre’s of Excellence.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes. Manage client conversions and other client projects. Coordinate market entry and liquidations.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Develop relationships with client companies. Assess satisfaction levels.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews and audits.
- Coordinate client training on using State Street interfaces (i.e. myss.com)
- Develop and motivate new staff. Complete performance appraisals.
- Assist with new business development efforts as needed. Make presentations to potential client companies.
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Perform annual risk assessments for customer accounts and alert Vice President of any changes that may increase State Street risk.
- Work closely with senior management to keep them informed of new developments, service issues and new business opportunities.
- Govern the coordination of services for fund/products and will interact with Accounting Operations and global COE’s to ensure the overall success of service delivery for clients.
- Work closely with internal teams, coordinating and interacting with global COE’s for the overall service delivery of their assigned clients.
- ensure all inquiries received through IMT are responded to within the prescribed timelines established by the department.
- Ensure the service governance of all client relationships is effectively monitored and tracked through the respective dashboards adopted by the department.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Superior leadership and managerial skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communications skills, and some experience with presentations a must.
- Good knowledge of computer systems, financial operations and related industries a plus.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Business degree plus a minimum of 8-10 years related financial services or investment operations experience with 4-5 years of management responsibility.
- Bilingualism (French, English) essential
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.