Fund Administration Manager, Officer/Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Officer/AVP candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Candidates are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds. He/She will interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. The AVP will lead a team of professionals and responsible for the development and growth of the client services team within the private equity fund services business of State Street Alternative segment, based in Hong Kong.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These
services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Administration Manager you will
i) Client Engagement
- Manage and maintain day-to-day communications with the clients
- Manage communications with investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, lawyers, auditors, bankers etc.
- Engage in the thorough review and understanding of investment fund legal documents
ii) Service Delivery
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc client deliverables are met
- Work with other various internal service teams and manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Display ability to perform variance analysis to explain significant movements from quarter to quarter.
iii) Service Quality
- Review the calculation on Limited Partner capital calls and distributions.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work papers/financial statements and other reports to Limited Partners including portfolio schedules, accruals, partner capital allocations and tax work paper packages.
- Review quarterly management fee and carry calculations
- Manage and monitor the work quality of deliverables from centers of excellence
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with external accounting and tax firms
iv) People Management
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group.
- Supervision of subordinate staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff)
v) Other Responsibilities
- Participates in special client or internal projects as required
- Supports regional and global initiatives
In addition to above, as an AVP, you will:
Manage and supervise a team of professionals to review a spectrum of reports and deliverables for private equity clients and to manage and maintain multiple client relationships Participate in the discussion with the prospects and assist with new client onboarding Prepare robust operations process and control procedures or revamp the process and control for efficiency Maintain goals and careers development plans for direct reports and meet all requirements for performance planning process (including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals) Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, with focus on private equity / alternative segment and able to provide technical guidance and mentorship to all staff levels Assist with development and implementation of training to all levels of accounting staff
What we value
- Specific experience in the private equity/real estate industry is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive, can-do attitude, meticulous are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced MS Excel skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus)
- CPA qualification is required
- At least 6 years of accounting experience, including 2 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required. Candidate with more experiences will be considered as an AVP.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.