Fund Accounting Assistant Vice President (AVP) – Krakow, PL
A Fund Accounting Assistant Vice President will be required to manage the overall NAV calculation process within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Vice President and Managing Director. They will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require a detailed understanding of the service requirements for Hedge Fund Administration.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
- Work as part of a team of Assistant Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents and Managing Directors, who have ongoing responsibility for developing all aspects of HedgeServ services.
- Assist the Vice President in providing strategic direction for assigned fund accounting teams.
- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Vice President to ensure consistency of service.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 20 employees.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by the Fund Accounting Manager.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review all aspects of the NAV process including fee calculations, profit and loss allocations, accounting for complex financial instruments, documentation review and ad hoc client requests.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Manage and complete client initialisation and transition.
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Responsible for fund accounting employee recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Handle complex calls from clients.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Investor Services, Quality Assurance, Business Development, Operations and Compliance departments within HedgeServ.
HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employees. As such a Fund Accounting Assistant Vice President should be flexible and willing to adapt.
A Fund Accounting Assistant Vice President should be capable of managing a team of up 20 staff servicing clients with various requirements and deadlines
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good initiative coupled with the ability to identify when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge.
- IT literate
- Reliable, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ.
- 9 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 3 of those at Manager level. Alternative fund experience may be considered.
Please send your CV to our Recruitment team via email@example.com
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.