Tax, Associate – Business Incentives Advisory, Singapore (2021 Graduates)
As part of our Business Incentives Advisory team, you will work with multinational and local companies, assisting them to understand how fiscal business incentives interact with economic/industrial development strategies in Singapore and the region and translate this understanding to how we assist clients in their incentive discussion and compliance. As incentives significantly impact the overall tax position, government engagement and business decisions of our clients, you’ll have the opportunity to work very closely with the various service lines within EY, our clients’ business functions and interact with Singapore and overseas government authorities.
You will have the opportunity to assist clients on R&D, tax and other business incentives claims. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose. Not to mention access to the opportunity to be exposed and keep up to date to the novel business model, cutting-edge technology trends and developments.
Your key responsibilities
Drawing on your technical knowledge gained from your education or experience in industry, you will advise and support our clients in accessing the R&D tax incentive, government incentives and other innovation/growth incentives.
You will engage with market leading, technology-active companies to understand their development objectives and drivers, analysing complex project information to assess eligibility for the R&D tax incentive and other government incentives.
Working in high performing teams, you will prepare detailed work papers, management presentation and reports to help deliver exceptional results to EY’s clients, in addition to one or more of the following:
- Assist in the evaluation of possible incentive opportunities; provide ideas to avail of incentive opportunities and involvement in the incentive discussions with the relevant authorities
- Prepare R&D tax incentive claims across a diverse range of companies and industries
- Tax and business financials modelling
- Coordinate and participate in regional incentive advisory projects
- Assist in project development including client pursuit initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
- Genuine interest in business, innovation and technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, relationship building and articulating complex information to a range of stakeholders will be key
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information
- Problem solving and numerical skills
- Business acumen and commercial awareness to participate in business development including client pursuit initiatives
- Proven ability to work well in high performing team environments
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you also have
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
*This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. Whilst forming part of a dedicated team, you can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about business, innovation, R&D and new technology and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The EY member firms in Singapore, with a strength of close to 3,400 people and 180 Partners, is part of the Asia-Pacific Area, which comprises 23 countries across 6 Regions and brings together over 55,000 people to provide services seamlessly across borders.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.