Front to Back Portfolio Reconciliation Senior Analyst, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
A professional who will join State Street IMS team which is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients.
Front Office Data Control (FODC) is a service offered to IMS clients. It is designed to compare records of the Client`s Front Office System to records kept at State Street, flag and resolve differences, work with internal teams and the client front office provider to resolve breaks, have a proactive mindset to inform other business units of potential issues further downstream.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Front to Back Portfolio Reconciliation Senior Analyst you will:
- Support FODC (Front Office Data Control) process
- Perform daily checks on file deliverable to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure
- daily resolution of identified queries
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
- Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Maintain Open Actions / Issues logs which aid in tracking issues and providing a document to reference within checkpoint meetings with manager.
- Track key project milestones to help ensure that each functional area within the team is built and ready ahead of a conversion
- Develop and maintain relationships with Architect Lead to help aid successful delivery of each milestone
- Where applicable, provide assistance to manager and team members to close out issues.
- Think globally by encouraging the regional FODC teams to work together to discuss strategic initiatives and close out issues
- Assist in gathering/preparing project information by attending and facilitating client and internal meetings
- Assist in the analysis of current/proposed processes and recommend solutions and improved processes
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Team and project management experience
- Good client service skills
- PC literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an asset management / middle office role
- Experience in IBOR considered a plus
- Good time management, organizational and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree.
- 2 years of experience in a Fund Accounting/Middle Office or similar areas is necessary.
- Customer service experience considered as a plus
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent English skills.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.