Assurance, Intern, Forensic Technology/ Cyber & Incident Response, Singapore (Winter 2020)
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Join our team and be part of the team that helps clients achieve their Integrity agenda. You will also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored counselling.
As cyber-crime continues to threaten businesses large and small, hackers are improving their tactics, techniques and procedures faster than corporate security teams can keep up. Increasingly organized and collaborative, their methods grow more sophisticated each year. Our clients continually look to EY for our knowledge and resources to assist with their cyber risks or events. Working with companies across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative solutions for the client’s specific needs. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for a Cyber and Incident Response / Forensic Technology Intern to be part of our globally connected and culturally aligned Forensic & Integrity team.
Your key duties will include supporting your seniors in:
- Conducting post-incident investigations such as network forensics, memory forensic, log analysis, timelining of event etc.
- Performing host-based digital forensics on Microsoft Windows, Linux and/or Mac based systems using both Windows and Linux based forensic tools
- Communicating technical events and analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Using technology to distribute your knowledge of leading-practice and enhance service delivery
- Managing multiple tasks and projects and prioritize
- Currently pursuing Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Digital Forensic or a related discipline and/or a professional certification, e.g., OSCP, GCFA, GREM and/or GCIH
- Understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection/prevention systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols
Ideally you will also have:
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
Apart from the above, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
- Strong communication skills and command over spoken and written English. Knowledge of another Asian language is valued, but not a requirement
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. In Singapore, we have a history of 129 years, with over 150 partners and close to 3,100 people offering services to a wide-ranging clientele consisting of multinational companies, private companies and public sector organizations. The Singapore firm is part of an integrated Asia-Pacific area, which comprises more than 40,000 people in 22 countries, contributing to our total global headcount of nearly 250,000 people working across 152 countries.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.