Transaction Strategy & Execution Manager - Dublin
World’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most sophisticated cross-border engagements in the global market.
Our Transaction Stretegy & Execution (TSE) team is a specialist service dedicated to guiding our clients through the Operational and IT challenges throughout the transaction lifecycle. We have a market leading proposition to create and maximise value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We work on the most complex and high profile transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional services / consulting: from a management consultancy, corporate finance firm or as an 'internal consultant' in a corporate environment
- Transactions lifecycle: ideally with a focus on pre-deal operational due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience
- Programme Management: Managing and delivering large-scale transformation programmes and projects to time, cost and quality
- Deep understanding of one or more core operational functions (e.g. procurement, finance, HR)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Analytically strong, with the ability to link operational analysis to financial statements, and understand the implications of findings to client strategy. Ideally you will have an accounting qualification, or at least a sound grasp of financial accounting, combined with a high level of business awareness and a strong understanding of the factors that drive financial performance
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Strong team participation skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to coach and mentor juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Professionalism and consistency in approach to client work, internal business and practice development projects
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over a number of client deals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.