Project Manager – Business Consulting -Financial Services - Dublin
Do you have a keen interest in driving change, with the ability to influence decision-makers at any given time? Do you possess a deep understanding of the challenges faced by businesses within the financial services industry? Do you have excellent people, communication and strong negotiating skills? At EY, we are sure that irrespective of the reasoning behind considering a new role with us, becoming a part of our strong financial services banking team may be the ideal career move for you.
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
Join EY Ireland and you’ll work in best in class teams, experiencing growth and change right across this diverse region. You’ll be working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the management & delivery of complex multi-stream one or more projects/programme in accordance with client Project Management Methodology, including managing project scope, schedule, financials ,risk, issue, assumptions, dependencies, resourcing and governance.
- You will plan and manage projects, incl. documentation of project scope, scheduling and monitoring of delivery; organisation and leadership of governance meetings; preparation and distribution of progress reports; management and monitoring of project costs/budget and cash flow/invoicing; management and correction of deviations from plans; and communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Early identification & management of internal/external dependencies across the Project/Programme.
- Communicate and manage Project/Programme risks and issues.
- Maintain a standard-format roadmap of inflight deliverables and roadmap, for use in project, programme and portfolio reporting and tracking.
- Monitor benefits realisation in the form of key outcome metrics.
- Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of the business case and financial management to project close out, incl. preparation and presentation at relevant governance reviews.
- Partner with Product Owner and Solutions Delivery Manager in the overall achievement of programme/project outcomes.
- Partner with Product Owner, Solutions Delivery Manager to continuously improve governance processes and ways of working.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identify and make decisions that have a significant project impact; escalating decisions that cannot be resolved within the project in line with project/programme governance structure.
- Identifies, drives and leads problem solving and issue management for the project deliverables.
- Accountable for project team adherence to client delivery methodology and ensures any deviations are addressed.
- Influences and contributes to continuous improvement of methodology and policy.
- Collaborates across the organisation & externally, including external regulatory bodies and stakeholders.
- Identifies and manages cross functional interdependencies
Level of Influence
- Influences and negotiates project outcomes with senior stakeholders, often across multiple functions.
- Prepares and presents analysis, insights and recommendation to assist agreed governance forums with decision making
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you’ll also have
What we look for
Benefits – It is more than just a Job.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes:
- A competitive remuneration and pension plan
- A free Gym membership with a top tier gym in Ireland with state of the art facilities
- FlexEY – an opportunity to select benefits that suit your needs, covering additional holidays, health and well-being options, insurance options, savings opportunities and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions for top tier shops and restaurants.
- Support for flexible working to accommodate your personal life and career development
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.