At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a 12 month Fixed Term Assistant Accountant to join our team in Solihull at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
We are looking for an ambitious, proud and collaborative individual to join us. You will get exposure to a number of teams within finance giving you an opportunity to understand our function. You will also be involved in helping to deliver a continuous improvement approach within our department.
It's not about your experience, what grades you've got or where you come from. It's about being curious, having a determination to achieve and thriving on a challenge.
Reporting directly to the Business Accountant in our Record to Report team, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and posting of entries to the general ledger
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and month end tasks
- Audit queries and Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) control compliance
- Production of tax returns (VAT, CIS, Intrastats and Aggregates Levy)
- Assistance with tax and wider finance projects
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied and rewarding position that requires:
- An analytical mindset, the ability to challenge existing ways of working
- A track record of resolving problems from identification through to remediation
- Confidence to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of working to tight timescales
- Drive to continuously improve
- Tenacious with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
Our people are the most important part of our business, as such we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
For further information on this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.tarmaccareers.com OR click the link below to make your application.