Chief Finance Officer S151
Michael Page are currently recruiting for a Chief Finance Officer S151 Officer, this is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take the next step in their career. Working with an excellent team with a clear path of progression.
The client is an established Local Authority, who require additional support within the Finance team. This is an opportunity for someone wanting to take the step up in their career as it has a defined progression plan.
The key responsibilities of the Chief Finance Officer are:
- To act as the Council's Section 151 Officer, supporting the Chief Executive by ensuring the effective management of the Council's finance function to fulfil the Council's statutory requirement in relation to the proper administration of the financial affairs of the Council
- As a member of the Council's Management Team, contribute to the effective leadership of the Council, maintaining focus on its purpose and vision through rigorous analysis and challenge.
- Contribute to the effective corporate management of the Council, including strategy implementation, cross organisational issues, integrated business and resource planning, risk management and performance management.
- Support the effective governance of the Council through the development of:corporate governance arrangements, risk management and reporting framework.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the Council's Commercial Strategy working in conjunction with services across the Council to develop and foster a more commercial approach to the delivery of services. Appraising and advising on commercial opportunities and financial targets.
- Lead the development of a medium-term financial strategy and the annual budgeting process to achieve a balanced budget (capital and revenue) and a monitoring process to ensure its delivery.
To be successful in applying for the Chief Finance Officer you will be:
- Qualified Accountant - Essential
- Local Authority / Council experience - Essential
- Have significant and relevant prior experience of financial management in the public services or equivalent including the audit and regulatory environment applicable to the public sector.
- Ability to operate corporately, working effectively with other leadership team members demonstrating political awareness and displaying skills of leadership, teamwork, co-ordination, problem solving, change management and planning.
- Excellent numerical and IT skills with the ability to provide clear, authoritative and impartial professional advice and objective financial analysis and interpretation of complex situations.
Excellent Career Progression + Flexible / dynamic / from home working + very generous annual leave entitlement + Salary from £60,000 - £68,000