IMAV - Assistant Accountant
Leading logistics business based on the outskirts of Milton Keynes are on the hunt for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team.
We are partnering with a leading logistics and distribution business based on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. Recent changes in the market has dramatically increased demand for their services and created the need for a number of new heads across the business.
Assistant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Processing payables invoices in various currencies and raising sales invoices and credit notes.
- Dealing with invoice queries that arise and ensuring all issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaising with Procurement Department for alignment of goods received, not invoiced and vice versa
- Employee Expenses
- Payment run preparation, uploading of payments for approval, processing in multiple currencies.
- Checking and reconciling supplier statements - liaising with suppliers/ procurement department.
- Monthly currency rate updates and assisting with bank reconciliation.
- Preparation and reconciliation of weekly/monthly reports including aged reports, prepayments, GRNI and other required reports for the Financial Controller.
- Assisting the Financial Controller and Finance Director as required.
Assistant Accountant Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and skills in calculating figures, strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Ability to work without supervision in a busy environment, working to tight deadlines.
- Accounts software packages.
- Excel & word.
Whats On offer?
- Competitive salary
- Family feel to the office
- On-site parking
- Flexible working policies
- Excellent pension contributions!