Risk Weighted Assets Senior Associate
CIBT team is looking for a high performing Associate who will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of Advanced and Standardized Basel III RWA across the CIB for monthly and quarterly reporting cycles. The individual will engage in projects that support the CIB RWA and Capital team including new firm initiatives, control topics, legal entity reporting, and technology enhancements. The individual will be involved in various initiatives related to the BAU reporting and analysis, process automations, and enhancing the existing operating model. The individual will also support the CIB RWA and Capital team portfolio including CIB integration, new rules implementation, and strategic technology build-out. The individual will also perform people management activities as the role will require team oversight activities.
End to end reporting of CIB Basel III RWA results. The reporting cycles are based on a monthly and quarterly cycle and include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with Corporate and CIB lines of business controller groups to review accuracy and completeness of RWA calculations
- Calculations and posting of management allocation and other ad-hoc RWA adjustment
- Preparing period over period analysis for senior management reviews
- Preparation of internal and external reports and schedules (Pillar 3, HCR/RCR and FFIEC 101), as applicable for the respective products
- Liaise with the CIB lines of business for sign off, to address questions, compile variance commentary, and process adjustments as needed
- Participation and management of projects and BAU technology processes in the CIB Capital Controller team
- Partner with Capital Implementation, Policy, and Legal teams to establish the process of reporting new Basel rules and policies
- Team leader related activities:
- Overview more closely cross training, task completions and back up planning, manage QE/ME calendar
- Try to reshuffle responsibilities/prioritize in times of over capacity
- Problem resolving within the subteam
- Ensure coverage/holiday planning
- Proactively contribute to growth of team members, especially the junior ones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ year of experience in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Month/Quarter End Close experience in investment banking a plus
- Team leader/people management experience, a plus
- Product control, financial control and regulatory reporting background, a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of financial products and markets
- Familiarity with Paragon, FDW, BPC, a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Access, VBA, SQL, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to managing multiple competing deliverables and ad-hoc request
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Results oriented without compromising control
- Ability to actively listen and to quickly assimilate broad ranging complex information
- Ability to improve on current processes and drive operational change
- Thrives on challenges in a dynamic working environment.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.