Finance Associate, Collection
Get to know the Role:
- The position is responsible to perform receivable collection activities under Order To Cash (OTC) team to maximise conversion of receivable to cash for the business.
- Key accountabilities include performing collection activities timely, developing client insight and relationship, identifying disputes, and handling client queries.
- The individual joining the Order To Cash team will have the unique opportunity to rapidly grow professionally as the team embarks on this new journey across all aspects of the receivable collection framework, from systems reporting and process across multiple ASEAN countries that Grab operates in.
The day-to-day activities:
- Achieve monthly collection targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Contact clients to enquire on invoice payment status through phone and email.
- Send new invoices to client according to their preferred receiving channel.
- Identify billing issues and disputes early. Determine and inform correct person-in-charge within Grab to resolve client’s dispute, following up regularly to ensure client’s dispute is resolved quickly.
- Maintain up-to-date client contact details in the system.
- Build reliable, trusty, and long-term relations with assigned clients as well as with the Grab Account Manager/Sales Executive assigned to the clients.
- Develop insight into client’s processes such as their Purchase Order requirement, payment cycle and invoice approval route.
- Ensure client’s payments are applied to the correct invoices. Perform accounts reconciliation against client’s payable record if required.
- Handle incoming client queries through hotline phone or email, routing to the correct person-in-charge such as the Sales Executive as appropriate.
- Provide collection status to support Finance’s review of provision of doubtful debts and bad debts
- Provide collection forecast and report to Finance and business teams.
- Contribute to and make suggestions for process improvement activities.
- Provide support for bad debt recovery actions.
- Ad hoc assignment.
- Business team, Regional and Local Finance, Clients
- Ensure accuracy of financial data entry and adherence to Finance policies
- Communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
The must haves:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in performing Collections role
- Tertiary qualification in Finance/Accounting is a plus
- Experience in a call centre is a plus (Collections or customer service)
- Experience using Oracle Financials Cloud system is a plus
- Knowledgeable on Collection and Accounts Receivable processes
- Proactive and result-focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Able to articulate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Team player
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.