Assistant Manager - Reporting to ACDC Centre Finance Operations Manager
The world of global tax compliance for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing, and KPMG is changing its delivery model to seize the opportunity and take market share from its competitors.
Historically, global MNC’s realization of professional services value was tied to firms providing customized services at or near a client site. Solutions were driven by local subject matter experts, using localized technology. Delivery centers were used, but only to support the offshoring of certain aspects of the work being done by the local subject matter experts. Tax compliance was done at a local level.
What’s changed? Large MNCs have consolidated their compliance operations into a handful of in-house global/regional locations supporting their hundreds of specialty services units worldwide to drive efficiencies. However, tax compliance has become heavily dependent on technology, and MNCs will need to significantly invest in technology to optimize their costs of compliance. Alternatively, they can outsource their compliance to a provider that has the global expertise and can scale its technology investment costs, while offering an efficient delivery model that optimizes integrated centralization the way MNCs have already demonstrated, while integrating it with local SMEs where appropriate.
KPMG’s Tax Reimagined approach helps clients figure out what’s best for them. Often that can result in the global outsourcing of a client’s global tax compliance, and it can include rebadging of an MNC’s teams across the world over to KPMG. KPMG’s Tax-GDN (Global Delivery Network) and its Digital Gateway integrated technology solution is our market differentiator.
Tax Global Delivery Network (Tax-GDN) and ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (ACDC)
The Tax Global Delivery Network (GDN) works closely with KPMG’s Global Tax leaders to translate business requirements into a clear global delivery strategy for delivery centres that supports the needs of global KPMG solutions, including but not limited to, Tax Reimagined. It also creates and operates an interoperable, seamlessly integrated network of Global Deliver Centres to enable globally consistent delivery.
Based on market demand, our ASPAC delivery centre (ACDC) in Kuala Lumpur, is the newest addition to the Tax GDN network, which supports GDN in delivery of tax compliance services to our diverse global clients in the region. The team based in Kuala Lumpur is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills.
ACDC offers end-to-end tax solutions for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals.
As we scale and build out the centre, we are looking for a dedicated Assistant Manager to manage overall financial operations of the centre, related reporting and coordination, and play a key role in managing the back office operational processes e.g. cost charge process, contracting and invoicing of the ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (ACDC) in a way that ensures that the exemplary levels of delivery and quality that KPMG expects, are met.
At this exciting juncture for KPMG, as it builds out its leading centralised delivery model for tax, the Finance Operations Manager will work closely with the Centre Lead, GDN and GCMS Leadership as well as with leaders and experts from regional KPMG member firms and delivery centres across the globe - to drive operational excellence at ACDC. This person will also be the right hand person to the Centre leader to develop, produce and analyse KPI reports related to operational performance.
Apart from managing centre financial operations, the resource will work actively towards building and managing relationships and interface with key internal ACDC, GDN and Client (Member Firm) stakeholders.
Deeper aspects include:
Manage core financial operations and legal processes:
- Creation of Statement of Work (SOW) and other legal contracts/agreements in line with the legal /contractual requirements of the local jurisdiction
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and review of SOPs for operational activities
- Supervise the ACDC cost charge process and coordinate engagement pricing for client RFPs
Build and maintain business plans and key metrics, and overall invoice management:
- Demonstrate understanding of key metrics, business set up/ taxonomy and creation and ownership of key metrics database
- Preparation of budgeting and forecasting data, and regular tracking thereof for reporting to stakeholders
- Overall management of invoicing - coordination with Finance teams for creation, query resolution, review of invoices and tracking related data
- Reconciliation of invoices with AR payments and follow up with member firms / clients for outstanding dues
Manage demand and capacity planning, resource management:
- Ensure timelines and quality of demand and supply reporting, capacity planning, budgeting, business efficiency etc. in addition to overseeing day-to-day delivery responsibilities
- Supporting Leads in managing team Utilization (measure, track, problem solve, improve)
- Demonstrate understanding of the business, markets, and service offerings to develop and tailor resource management approaches in consultation with Business Leads
- Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations as appropriate to the Leadership
Manage back office processes related to clients, engagements and employees:
- Manage onboarding of new clients, member firms and team members
- Monitor Timesheet and Engagement Calendar Compliance
Drive seamless operations and identify improvement areas:
- Work closely with Leadership & participate in key meetings
- Coordination with KPMG ML, KGSH and GDN to ensure seamless operations for ACDC
- Identify operations improvement opportunities and assist in implementation of solutions thereof
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a professional services/Consulting firm
- Strong knowledge in Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Operations, Resource Management and Management Reporting
- Experience of working in a Global, multicultural environment delivering for multiple stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external clients (other KPMG offices and Client Stakeholders)
- Excellent analytical skills, similar operational experience at a delivery centre at a Big-4 or at an MNC
- Attention to details
- Experience working as part of a global team and working with multi-disciplinary business leaders
- Capable of driving multiple tasks simultaneously, with a healthy amount of flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word; basic knowledge of MS Access
- Preferable knowledge of VBA, reporting solutions/visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI etc)
- Excellent English (verbal and written) communication skills & ability to connect in multiple levels of the organization
- Domain knowledge and organization skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.