Finance Assistant - Turkey
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetizing, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialization.
Founded in 1972 in Co. Kerry, Ireland, the Kerry Group has annualised sales in excess of €7 Billion and supplies over 15,000 food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. We have established over 140 manufacturing sites, operate in over 30 countries, and employ 25,000 people worldwide. A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Work Location: Tuzla Kimya Sanayicileri Organize Sanayi Bolgesi, Istanbul – TURKEY (shuttle service provided at a few, specific pick-up points only)
Reporting To: Accounting Chief
As part of Kerry Turkey’s Financial Control team, the Finance Assistant performs daily accounting functions using Logo Tiger system as described below and will assist the Cluster Financial Controller with reporting and month-end processes.
- Posting daily bank transactions, supplier invoices, staff expense lists into the system and issuing and posting weekly sales returns and invoices
- Reconciliation of daily and monthly GL records, printing the GL vouchers and posting of all monthly journals such as tax, social security, depreciations and amortizations
- Preparing monthly BA BS list and reconciling with customers and vendors
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts with customers and vendors and monthly FX revaluation postings regarding Bank, A/R and A/P
- Setting up and maintaining costumer and vendor account and opening new GL codes in the system
- Preparation of post-dated Cheques received from customers and sending to the bank
- Preparation of weekly OLAP AR aging report and their submission, as well as preparing weekly debtors reports and circulating to the sales team and working with to ensure timely collection of money from customers
- Export invoice control with PO form and approval in ICMS
- Intercompany reconciliations, filing & archiving purchase and sales documents and other GL documents
- Monthly stock reconciliations with third party warehouses and preparation of variances; stock expiry date control and preparation of write-off reports
- Handling write-off process with the tax office and preparation of data for VAT Returns
- Monthly export transactions control in GL and ensuring their accuracy
- Monthly COL (cost of logistics) and profit control of imported goods
- Recording payroll journals to the system (journals are prepared by HR consultant), recording accruals and provision to the system and dealing with internal and queries
- Assisting with notary transactions
Qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Accounting with minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Logo Tiger experience strongly preferred; SAP knowledge will be good to have but not essential
- Numerate with a high level of attention to detail and good communication and presentation skills along with strong command of MS Office programs
- Must have fluency in English & Turkish (both verbal and written)
- Committed, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Must be target and result-oriented, with patience and high attention to detail
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.