EMEIA Revenue Treasury and Copyright Manager
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world! As an individual, you will have responsibility for working to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
This is a role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. The role will manage the accounting process for Treasury, Revenue & Copyright accounting. This will involve managing a team of 4 and establishing and building upon key business relationships, preparation/analytical support of related reporting activities and partnering with the broader R2R team, GBS team, Sales Finance, Retail Finance, Treasury Operations and Copyright teams along with the wider GBS organization globally.
- Qualified Accountant; 3Yr+ PQE
- Requires exceptional analytical, communication, and time management skills
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to last minute changes with ease
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data
- Teammate with strong leadership and influencing skills
- SAP experience
- Previous experience of working in a busy finance department with tight deadlines
- Previous experience managing people in a team environment
- Qualified Accountant with strong partner focus
- Project management experience
- Full responsibility for managing a team to ensure the team are trained & motivated to perform their roles to the highest standards. Empower the team to take responsibility for their roles and to broaden their scope.
- Manage the testing and go-live of Revenue and Treasury impacting projects; including assessment of impact on accounting and system infrastructure.
- Gain a strong understanding of the overall Apple business, various revenue streams of all Apple entities as well as the accounting treatment – representing Apple in Cork and on a global level.
- Complete and co-ordinate month end, quarter end and year end close activities in respect of the timing and in accordance with global procedures.
- Key point of contact for all EMEIA treasury accounting related queries, including; cash management and analysis, intercompany loan and financing, FX transactions, 3rd party investments, and any banking related queries.
- Provide assurance around revenue reporting both as part of the standard close, stat and tax cycles and also on an ad hoc basis, where reporting is needed for internal partners and also external partners such as regulatory bodies. Ensure revenue reconciliation is completed throughout the month and that systems are in line with SAP.
- Responsible for the accounting and timely declaration of Copyright Levies for the EMEIA Region, which involves liaising with multiple partners across the business on EMEIA levy related issues.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.