General Ledger Accountant Talent Pool
Zebra Finance Shared Service Center in Brno consists of collaborative and agile teams, responsible for core finance operational and reporting processes mainly in EMEA and NALA entities. To our Finance Shared Service Center we usually hire from the junior to the senior level of accountants. Currently, we have full staff but if you do not want to miss any interesting job opportunity, stay connected with us! You can receive updates on available positions to join our talent pool by clicking here.
General Ledger Accountant maintains the integrity and accuracy of financial statements and the month-end closing activities for assigned legal entities in a region. Works on assigned account reconciliations, and establishes, documents, and works with department staff on applying accounting processes and procedures.
- Works on month-end closing activities and prepares financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, profit-and-loss, and other accounting statements
- Prepares and maintains records of assigned general ledger accounts and monthly and quarterly journal entries necessary for a monthly close; enters journal entries, reconciles all accounts, and investigates reconciling items
- Maintains compliance with accounting standards and regulations (e.g., U.S. GAAP, SOX, and local regulations) and may participate with the team on interim and year-end audits with internal and external auditors
- Works with team on preparing, recording, and analyzing accounting transactions
- Works on the setup up of new general ledger accounts, dimensions, and integrations into the ERP system; identifies and documents process improvements
- Contributes to less complex projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Junior accountant with a minimum of 0-2 years of experience, senior with 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to apply general knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Excel and database skills
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 2 volunteer days paid off
- Multisport card with 75% covered by Zebra
- Training and personal development in soft skills and hard skills, access to our internal learning portal at all times, and also internal career opportunities among Zebra departments (job rotation and guest programs)
- Free language courses
- Benefit plus card with cafeteria system
- Annual bonuses based on financial results
- Yearly salary increase according to individual performance
- Free beverages and fruit days (coffee, tea, milk available in our kitchenette)
- Meal contribution
- Life & Pension insurance contribution
- Company preschool (in Czech or in English)
- Discount at our partners (T-Mobile, Banks, HP, Dell, Microsoft Office)
- New modern and multifunctional workplace at Vlněna Office park in the city centre (from Q1 2021)
Is this position the right job for you? Do not hesitate to apply and become one of Zebras
Zebra is a US business that has been established for 50 years and sells innovative technology solutions within barcode and product identification. That means RFID, barcode scanners, printers, data analytics and software. We employ over 7,000 people across 100 locations in 50 countries. Our solutions are used by BMW, Amazon, DHL, Tesco’s and numerous hospitals around the world and even the NFL! Zebra in Brno was awarded as a TOP employer of the year 2018 in Jihomoravsky kraj and also ABSL Diamonds Awards 2019 for innovations.
Are you interested in joining in? Apply or see more available positions on our official website www.zebra.com.
Please, send your CV in English. We are looking forward to your application!
Zebra Technologies is committed to offering an inclusive & diverse working environment. Therefore we welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to join our Zebra Talent Pool.