Consultant, Procurement - Contingent Labor
Looking for an experienced Procurement Consultant to provide end-to-end category management, strategic sourcing, and procurement of contingent labor and outsourced/technology services on a global scale under general supervision (but will work independently most of the time). This person will work on a global team, with teammates in the UK, APAC, and the US, supporting a $350M category of spend.
- Contingent labor category management
- Collaborate with technology partners to develop and execute sourcing and procurement strategies
- Analyze industry and vendor data / trends and make recommendations to technology partners about key insights, trade-offs, and risks
- Collect requirements and specifications from technology partners and lead competitive bidding processes (e.g. RFx, eAuctions, etc.)
- Negotiate commercial arrangements and contracts with vendors
- Present negotiation strategies and opportunities to technology partners and management
- Assist with forecasting / planning processes, demand management, and developing contracts that scale future enterprise needs
- Provide thought-leadership around improvements of global policies, operations, programs and processes
- Drive vendor quality and performance improvement initiatives and harness vendor innovation ideas
- Serve as a key subject matter expert
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant procurement category management experience (emphasis on contingent labor/professional services preferred)
- Previous experience with vendor management system (VMS) Beeline, and working with a Managed Service Provider
- Understanding of procurement best practices
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements
- Experience with Labor Contracts, managed services contracts
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Success working with cross functional and diverse teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to breakdown complex problems and resolve them through
- independent research and analysis
- Past experience presenting to executive and senior leadership
- Experience with sourcing and procurement applications, PeopleSoft ERP, MS Office Suite and advanced Excel skills
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
Build your career with us and apply today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.