Consultant, Risk 12 month FTC (Limerick or Dublin)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Ireland Risk Management function is part of the independent Corporate Risk Management organisation and has been set up to work closely with the Irish fiduciary and administration entities to oversee, assess and advise on risk management including service delivery, board and/or risk committee representation and reporting, implementation of the risk management framework, significant change activity, material incident management and facilitate embedding a risk management culture.
Under the direction of the Ireland CRO, engages with business management in Ireland to assess and understand from a legal entity perspective the macro level risks and issues. In addition, the role will provide consultation and advise on risk management related matters, support the local implementation of the risk management framework including operational resiliency and cyber risk frameworks and make recommendations where appropriate to mitigate risk.
The role is will also support the local governance processes, prepare risk reporting and assessments to senior management, as well as acting as an escalation point for local risk issues.
The key responsibilities of the role include
- Preparation of regular legal entity risk reporting.
- Support and challenge the further refinement of metrics and associated thresholds to appropriately assess the risk profile of the Irish legal entities
- Participate in legal entity capital planning and development of appropriate stress testing.
- Supports the ongoing development of the Irish entity risk frameworks, including risk inventory and risk appetite statements.
- Support local implementation of the non-financial risk framework, including Operational resiliency framework, RCSA and Cyber and IT risk.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is essential and an understanding of fund administration and/or depositary services is desirable.
- Experience in a risk management role is advantageous
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently or work as part of a team;
- Effective time management;
- Good written skills with an ability to prepare succinct risk reporting;
- Well-developed verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively present and contribute in business meetings and risk forums.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.