Group Capital Management Analyst #158050
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Group Finance Capital Management sits within CS’s Finance organization and reports to the Head of Group Finance as well as the CFO of the bank. The team works closely with Senior Management, Front Office, Risk, Treasury and other CFO / COO teams.
The GFCM team is looking for an experienced AVP in New York.
This position plays a meaningful role in supporting Credit Suisse’s strategy by helping to manage the capital resources available to CS Group and supporting in divisional business plans, product offerings and competitive positioning.
- Lead efforts with Credit Suisse businesses, Risk, Finance and other cross-functional teams in forecasting, managing, and executing on various Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), Investment strategy Exposure (LRE) initiatives
- Challenge ineffective and/or aggressive divisional assumptions and projections, providing senior management with an accurate reflection of CSG position
- Implement controls oversight, blocking issue and robust limit/target management on all CSG capital usage
- Develop presentations and messaging to inform senior management and other business partner on Credit Suisse’s financial position, upcoming risks, and challenges to enable strategic decisions
- Conduct periodic benchmarking exercises to gauge CS capital and risk levels vs. its peers
- Assist in developing capital efficiency strategies, such as hedge optimization analyses (e.g., effective hedge structures, pro-forma stressed scenario / market shock benefits, review of collateralization and guarantees)
- Guide internal businesses, support functions and external consultants on various questions regarding capital and
- Applicant Value Proposition:
- Opportunity to gain strong insight into the management, product offering, regulatory constraints, and capital positioning of a systemically important bank
- Interaction with wide range of senior management including divisional / regional CFOs, COOs, Business Heads and Risk / Finance leadership
- Platform to enable impactful decision-making from Senior Management (CFO and CEO of the bank)
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Equivalent experience of at least 5-7 years of Financial Institutions Investment Banking, or top-tier Audit/Consulting, Corporate Finance or Risk experience!
- Detailed understanding of Basel III rules and the regulatory landscape
- Equivalent experience with the functions, businesses and products of Investment Banks and/or Wealth and Asset Management
- Proficient with Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge to support the team’s key results to senior management is essential!
- Demonstrated strong academic achievement and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication, consulting and relationship building capabilities and ability to influence internal and external partners.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.