Transfer Agency, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Unit Registry is a specialist team that provides our large client base with daily prices as well as cash forecasting, issuing daily, monthly and annual statements to our client’s investors. The team is also responsible for processing daily transactions received from investors as well as distributions, completing Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Client checks on investors to ensure full adherence to all applicable laws and regulations, as well FATCA and CRS review. In addition, this position is responsible for generating cash payment related transactions.
Reporting to the Unit Registry Account Manager, your role will be to prepare and process transactions and produce outputs, in-line with current legislation, and SSAL policies and procedures. The focus is to complete all tasks to the highest quality within the agreed turnaround times & SSAL schedules and by being the first point of contact from our clients to manage any queries related to daily deliverables.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agency, Associate 2 you will:
- To validate and process transactions in accordance with the service standards, in a timely and accurate manner, including the following: Applications, Redemptions, Switches, Transfers
- Dealer & Adviser Maintenance (Retail Customers only)
- Unit holder Maintenance
- To promptly respond to queries from the Customer or unit holder.
- To perform AML/KYC (Anti Money Laundering/Know Your Customer) checks on new unit holders.
- To perform FATCA/CRS checks on new unit holders.
- To prepare cash payment related transactions for redemptions and distributions.
- To ensure that all daily and monthly operational registry and reporting deliverables for all internal and external Customers are met, in a timely and accurate manner.
- To review and update Customer procedures.
- Be first point of contact across our clients for any related queries.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management skills
- A desire to provide unsurpassed service by exceeding service levels
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to identify and resolve general or risk related issues, if and when they arise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Quick learner who can handle multiple systems
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience of Unit Registry, finance and/or banking background is desired but not essential.
- A basic knowledge of the department’s operational flows – e.g. transaction and Customer procedures.
- A basic knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts.
- A basic knowledge of AML/KYC requirements.
- A basic knowledge of FATCA/CRS requirements.
- A basic understanding of core registry processes or SIA (Unit Trust Administration) program would be desired, but not essential.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.