Treasury Specialist - Cash Management and Credit Risk Assessment
Group Treasury Operations (FT/O) is responsible for the day to day management of the Group’s foreign exchange & liquidity requirements and maintenance of the Group’s Global Cash Management Infrastructure. The purpose this role is also to support Group Treasury by delivering key aspects of associated processes and activities and ensuring these are efficiently operationalised, executed and monitored in accordance with Group Treasury Standards.
Transaction Execution role contributes by project management role in Intra Group Funding, by supporting processing of transactions such as Dividends, Equity injections, Equity reductions, Long Term Loans and Withholding Tax Management. The purpose of this role is also connected to Internal Credit Rating Support. It contributes by performing credit rating and pricing calculation for Shell’s entities.
Organisation: Finance Operations
Internal credit ratings:
- Calculation of internal credit ratings for OUs holding a current account with a treasury centre;
- Assessing counterparty credit risk/rating where this relates to provision of credit support or funding/depositing
- Performing pricing for counterparties;
- Performing Guarantee Pricing Grid;
- Processing of Short-Term Current Account Pricing Grid;
- Calculation of Issuance fees;
- Awareness of credit risk, how it arises, methodologies to assess this and common
instruments available to manage it;
- Working with Moody’s RiskCalc/AG Risk and Blomberg Terminal.
- Understand basic financial accounts and business plans and extract essential information. Able to gather required input and critically evaluate both inputs and outputs.
- Facilitate and manage the resolution/escalation of any data integrity issues with IT support or Treasury/Controllers staff as appropriate.
- Investigate and manage the resolution of any system related projects/issues.
- Cooperation with Treasury Front Office and Financial Markets teams and Holdings and Treasury Controllers.
- Cooperation with different Stakeholders (Controllers, Legal and other SME’s) to agree details of transactions and documentation;
- Cooperation with various stakeholders including directly with 3rd party banks to execute
- Ensure the efficient execution of approved Intra Group Financing transactions, including corporate actions;
- Witholding Tax (WHT) Management role – preparing proposal of WHT deposits, ensure that all WHT actions will be completed without any delays and according to the Control requirements;
- Processing of Intra Group Long term loans (including loan agreement preparation);
- Managing processing Intra-Group transactions such as Dividends, Equity injections, Equity reductions;
- Understand basic financial accounts and extract essential information to ensure accurate execution of standard Treasury transactions e.g. capital injection/reduction, short term deposit transfer, fiscal hedges
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- First degree in Finance or Accounting preferred;
- Basic knowledge of accounting, financing and legal concepts – understanding and reading financial statements;
- A good level of general business awareness (motivated to learn about Shell);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Comfortable working in a changing environment and able to assume ownership for delivery even where process may be potentially ambiguous;
- Good team-working, stakeholder management skill and a ‘one-team’ mentality;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Continuous improvement mindset, change management, experience in supporting projects
- Good organizational skills with ability to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Strong IT desktop skills – Excel advanced;
- Attention to details;
- English – written and spoken – min. B2
- Treasury Qualification or banking experience would be beneficial;
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.