Head of Finance
A Unique opportunity to join a local charity to support the community in making a difference and changing peoples lives
Leading Charity in Merseyside
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To produce timely monthly management accounts and prepare statutory accounts and budgets.
- Be responsible for maintaining, developing and implementing efficient financial procedures and reporting to ensure the accuracy of all financial and payroll information.
- To deal with all aspects of the Charity's treasury management.
- Prepare VAT returns and maintain knowledge of VAT rules for charities.
- To ensure the smooth running of the finance department and line manage the finance team.
- Membership of Leadership team
- To ensure the overall accuracy and timeliness of reporting from our financial systems and records
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Report monthly on budget variances explaining significant differences.
- Deal with queries raised by Budget Holders re management accounts and provide help, training and support as required
- Oversee Restricted funds, Trusts and Legacies, Challenges and prepaid income
- Draft year end accounts and liaise with auditors
- Oversee bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee and check the monthly payroll preparation
- To lead on budget setting
- Actively manage the monies held on deposit to maximise income by periodically reviewing interest rates available and transferring balances between accounts
- Record transactions on the share portfolio
You will be qualified with experience in Charities, wider NFP/public sector or have a strong passion for the sector.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of accounting principles : Accountancy qualification( ACA, ACCA,CIMA) or similar qualification
- Good knowledge of financial budgeting, forecasting, control and planning experience
- Knowledge and practical experience of Accountancy and payroll systems( preferably SAGE and Access)
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of data bases
- Knowledge of VAT and how the rules apply to charities
- Knowledge of payroll legislation
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at all levels
- Display initiative and ability to work on own
- Good interpersonal skills
- A belief in the value of volunteers and of a multi-disciplinary approach
Excellent package with generous benefits