Credit Risk (Financial Services) Senior Manager, Business Consulting
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services
As part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in the Risk Management team, you will be required to lead EY services in the market through business development, sales, project planning and high-quality project execution. You will be leading projects relating to:
- Development or review of quantitative models in retail or wholesale banking for regulatory purposes, financial accounting or business steering
- Firm-wide model risk management including advanced analytics and innovative techniques
- Wholesale and retail credit risk methodologies, processes and tools with leading risk practices
- Policies, procedures and organizational structures required to support the credit risk management framework
- Strategy and business planning for credit risk management including advising on the design of risk appetite, stress testing, and concentration limits for credit exposures
- Compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Implementation of credit risk management technology applications and credit risk data management, including understanding of vendor offerings
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Good understanding of economic or market issues and the ability to interpret their impact on clients
- Strong quantitative skills, deep understanding of modeling techniques, and practical experience in credit risk (PD, LGD, EAD, IRB, stress testing, IFRS9)
- Possess strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose credit risk models, utilizing a risk and control focus
- Leverage technology to continually learn, improve service delivery and maintain our leading edge best practices
- Effective leadership, project management and teamwork skills
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum 9 years relevant experience in credit risk management, with quantitative focus on wholesale and/or retail credit risk
- Graduate degree in Computational Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent preferred
- Industry related certification (e.g., FRM, CPA/ CA, CIA, CMA, RICS)
- Good IT and programming skills with practical experience in languages such as Python, R, VBA, SQL
- Past experience in risk management frameworks, processes, governance, reporting and technology
- Substantive content knowledge of retail and/ or wholesale credit risk management frameworks, models, methodologies, industry practices and technology
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Post-graduate qualifications in, commerce or risk management
- Professional/ technical qualifications in risk management
- Significant relevant consulting, risk management or business expertise within a Retail/ Commercial/ Corporate bank or consulting firms.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.