Associate / Consultant, Accounting Compliance & Reporting
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You’ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ensuring integrity of financial statements for both US and Local GAAPs accounting and reporting
- Performing analysis of legal entity results; preparing general ledger (G/L) account reconciliations and legal entity administration
- Maintaining accounting records under both US and local GAAPs and preparing financial statements based on country requirements
- Maintaining effective procedures of risk identification. Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and remediation of control gaps.
- Supporting engagement with Internal Control &Compliance team to educate the country team on compliance matters and ensure a culture of compliance
- Ensuring adherence to accounting policies and schedules
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritisation, resourceful
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent team player
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Accreditation by SIATP
- Experience and knowledge of tax compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems such as SAP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.