Associate/Senior Associate, Economic Advisory, TAS, Singapore
Join Valuation, Modeling & Economics team and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence. You will help guide clients through the model review, model support and model-build activities necessary to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Businesses and governments operate in an increasingly uncertain and rapidly changing environment:
- Technological disruption and innovation are transforming supply chains and driving productivity changes
- Trade relationships between nations are being reconsidered
Changing economic policies and regulation are reshaping the business landscape. As such, businesses and governments find themselves under increased scrutiny and growing pressure to make decisions based on robust evidence and credible economic approaches.
Relying on the fundamental principles of economics, the Decision Modelling & Economics services uses economic modelling and advanced econometric technics to address the client needs in the areas of policy, regulation and commercial decision-making.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for analyzing economic and financial data, market trends, and industry reports to help design, develop, and construct economic models and tools to assist government agencies, non-profits, and corporations across industries and global markets. You will also be involved in assignments where economic modelling, econometric and statistical analysis are used to support our clients in making better informed decisions.
As an economic advisor, you are expected to:
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams
- Actively contribute to report writing and the development of economic models
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- Identify issues and propose solutions
- Participate in commercial research and marketing efforts
- Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and address their needs
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
- Develop positive, productive and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate willingness to learn
- Stay up to date on business and economic developments relevant to our clients’ businesses
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to conduct analysis, research and reporting to interpret, validate and reconcile complex data
- Ability to learn new data analytics tools and related software, including data visualization and database skills
- Excellent business English skills - both writing and verbal
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Intellectual curiosity
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field with a deep fundamental understanding in micro and macroeconomics
- Prior industry experience performing economic impact assessments using input-output model, cost-benefit analysis, economic benchmarking, and policy and program analysis
- Experience performing econometric and statistical modelling, preferably using panel data and time series econometric techniques
- Prior experience in economic consulting, data analytics, and economic research
- Ability to conduct independent economic research and apply fundamental economic theory to clients’ issues
- Experience working with public data sources in Singapore and other Southeast Asian economies
- Ability and flexibility to work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
- Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Another Asian language would be a plus
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with statistical tools such as STATA, R, and PowerBI
- Knowledge or experience with Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) models would be a plus
Ideally, you also have
- CPA or CFA
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines in our Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary.
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.