Senior Manager, Finance Line 1 Risk
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means to you”
Senior Manager – Finance Risk – Colonial First State
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. CFS (Colonial First State) Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses.
In May 2020 the Bank announced the sale of 55% interest in the CFS business to KKR. The CFS business is currently working on a separation program with the expectation that the transaction will complete in first half of calendar 2021.
See yourself in our team
The Risk & Control Advisory & Delivery team is responsible for end to end risk and control service, including:
- Effective design and implementation of controls
- Ensuring operational risk and compliance frameworks are effectively implemented
- Ensuring each business unit leader has the right level of comfort and governance within their risk environment
- Delegations and authorisation controls
Do work that matters
The Senior Manager Finance Risk is expected to play a lead role in managing key stakeholder groups (e.g. management and Group) to ensure strong controls are in place and decisions
- Lead and manage the Financial Services L1 Risk function, including recruitment, retention and development of team members. Set team targets, and monitor team performance to ensure service meets required standards
- Design and implement/ support the business to design and implement processes that eliminate risks, and where risks remain, design and implement controls to improve risk and compliance outcomes
- Manage root cause analysis of issues and incidents, and identify and implement control improvements
- Design controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support the business through implementation
- Manage delegations and authorisation controls
- Manage capital risk processes including modelling and scenario testing
Does this sound like you?
- Degree qualification in finance, accounting, business, economics, science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or related subjects
- Post graduate accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent)
- Statistical sampling and modelling skills
- 5+ years experience, including
- 3-5 years’ experience in banking/financial services/other relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in Operational Risk management roles
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 06/12/2020.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.